Monday, April 23, 2012

It's time for a change.

Remember when I started out with Koncept33? I made this little album on my facebook, this one here. That was two years ago.

Good times

And in those two years, I've been through two website redesigns, got featured in one of those web-designs-of-the-week thingy and designed LOTS of stuff under K33.

And a year ago, I decided to start this blog. My first post was a stupid one about which platform I should blog on. Tumblr or Blogger. I chose to do it here because of comments. Blogger supported comments while Tumblr, by default, did not. I later found out that Disqus could easily give me a solution to that problem, but I decided to stick around here because I had already gained a few readers and a steady daily view count.

Damn, just realized it's been more than a year since I started this thing. I can't believe I stuck around to keep this thing going. Thank you followers and all the people on K33's fb page!

You've probably heard me say I'm in my final semester like a thousand times already. While that is true, it also means I'll be done with college by June end, provided I don't mess up my current semester. Then comes the next big stage. And for that I've decided that I'll be redesigning my whole design identity which will showcase my newer, more mature work. It'll also feature my final studio project, which I'm currently working on.

With this new design identity, there will be no use of the old one. So I guess this is like a goodbye to Koncept 33 Designs.

I'll be taking down the website the day I finish college.

Even though it'll be the end of the design part, Koncept 33 will take up the role of my personal blog where I'll talk about daily shenanigans, stuff, my life, some more stuff and of course, Yvonne Strahovski. Oh and did I mention that will be on Tumblr? It's goodbye blogspot. Sad I know.

It's funny because I'm making this whole thing seem so much more dramatic than it actually is. But before you say that, go create a website or a blog or pretty much anything you love. If you're into fashion design, create a dress. If you're a product design student, create a model of something. Or if you're an engineer....well I'm sorry for you.

Whatever you create, keep it around and share it with the world for two years. You'd grow attached to it too because it was something you made. A direct result of your passion for the field.

Anyway, that's about it I guess. I came up with a concept and I'm happy it's evolving into something else. And satisfied that it entertained a few people along the way, especially when it came to my embarrassing stuff.

Oh and I'll be talking about my final studio project in the next few days because I actually need your help with it so stick around.

1 comment: